Email your CV to email@example.com
MANAGERIALLY & CLINICALLY RESPONSIBLE TO: HOME MANAGER
AIMS OF THE POST:
- To assess care needs, develop programmes of care, implement and evaluate these using a selected model of nursing.
- Carry out all relevant forms of care with/without supervision as necessary.
- Take charge of the Nursing Home in the absence of person who has continuing responsibility.
- Provide a leadership and supervise staff to maximum potential.
- To provide cover to 24 hour care.
Clinical / Practitioner
- Develop and monitor systems of individualised care planning and appropriate documentation.
- Ensure consultation and involvement of patients/residents, relatives and carers in stages of this where necessary.
- Assist in the development of effective links with other discipline/agencies.
- Contribute with all aspects related to a multi-disciplinary team approach.
- Initiate, organise and participate in social activities where necessary and appropriate.
- Liaise with medical staff representing nursing team or allocated patient/resident groups in case conferences.
- Adhere to the procedure of administration of prescribed medicines/treatments, their storage and supply.
- Make positive, efforts to maintain awareness of clinical developments and research based practice - seeking out new knowledge of nursing and health issues.
- Maintain a working environment conducive to job satisfaction, nurse education and good morale.
- Promote and encourage ideas of innovation/initiate in delivery of care.
- Supervise, demonstrate, instruct care assistants in their delivery of care, professional conduct and environmental awareness, maintaining in-service training.
- Recognise situations that may be detrimental to health and safety of individuals reporting concerns promptly where necessary to senior staff.
- Contribute to, and provide flexibility of duty patterns to maintain 24 hour cover.
- To take charge of the Home in the absence of the person who has continuing responsibility.
- Provide effective deployment of available resources. Provide information through nursing documentation and reports to aid assessment of individuals care.
- Supervision and introduction of agreed clinical and administrative procedures.
- Review patterns of work in consultation with the Senior Clinical Nurse/Home Manager.
- Prompt reporting of serious accidents/incidents or abnormal occurrences to senior staff.
- Awareness and participation (when necessary) of stock control/ordering systems.
- To train staff in aspects of Fire, Health & Safety etc. and ensure their adherence to these regulations at all times.
An enhanced disclosure will be required and applicant will meet the cost. You will only be contacted if successful for interview.