Job Summary: To organise and co-ordinate programmes of recreation/therapeutic activities as part of an individually planned care programme approach for residents who choose to participate.
- To liaise with Care teams in the design and scheduling of programmes of therapeutic recreational activity.
- To understand the principles of Reminiscence and Reality Orientation in care of the elderly with mental health problems.
- To organise activities outside the home ie, attending community functions, outings etc.
- To encourage and liaise with the local community groups eg, by inviting them to participate in functions within the home.
- To coordinate/ organise all social functions within the home eg, Birthday Parties, Anniversaries etc.
- To liaise with the catering staff regarding arrangements for appropriate functions with the assistance of the Home Manager.
- To promote fund raising activities in consultation with the Home Manager
- To ensure that costs/expenses are submitted to the Home Manager in a timely way.
- To ensure that all equipment and activities stock is accessible but stored safely.
- To ensure that replenishment of stock levels is undertaken in a timely way and in line with financial procedures.
- To encourage choice and promote participation of residents in a way that is conductive to their well being.
- To report to Senior Staff any untoward occurrence, incident/accident in line with the stated procedure and do so promptly.
- To participate in in-service training programmes and ensure that innovative ideas and part of the activities programme in a way that is therapeutic to residents.
This job description may alter due to the changing needs of the service we are required to provide and is not an exhaustive list of duties.
Email your CV to email@example.com