Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part Time - 4 Days a Week
Time - 9am - 2:30pm
Salary - £9.50/hours
Job Title: General Assistant
Accountable to: Home Manager
Responsible to: RMN/Senior Carer
The post holder works to provide a supporting service to senior staff in charge. Duties are described within the following helping roles of support assistant.
Maintaining a safe and homely environment for service users, by duties in the care areas and prevention of cross-infection.
Receiving and giving of information. Working with and lending support to the qualified nurse/senior carer for individual patients when required.
Personal and Social Care
1. Participation in the room preparation, welcome visitors, and give refreshments at the time of admission.
2. Attending to the needs of the carers/relative of patients/residents and courteous reception of visitors in the home.
3. Protecting patients/residents who are frail, unsteady when walking, disabled by poor vision or confusion from all types of accidents wherever possible.
4. Assisting patients/residents in the care of their personal clothing and other possessions/valuables in accordance with the home policies/procedures.
5. Receiving and acting upon the instruction of the Nurse in Charge that may be spoken.
6. Reporting to the Nurse in Charge/Senior Carer.
- Information received from the patient/residents family, friends etc that seem important.
- Any change in the patient’s usual condition.
- Information important to the patient’s comfort or emotional well being.
- Falls or other accidents.
7. Maintaining confidentiality of information gained about patients/residents, discussing private information only with those responsible for the care.
8. Be consistent and warm in the manner encouraging patients/residents to talk socially when they feel ready to do so, valuing the potential of the conversation.
9. Become involved in social and occupational activates with patients/residents as appropriate.
10. Help patients/residents who are confined to bed by appropriate means, comfort and safety.
11. Participate with due regard for the acceptability to the patient/resident preventing embarrassment, maintaining dignity, complying with established policy.
1. Observing and prompting comfortable heating and tolerable noise levels within the home.
2. General Cleaning of rooms.
3. Service meals to patients/residents.
- Assisting with help at meal times.
- Assisting with choice when required.
- Record fluids taken when appropriate or directed.
- Comply with special diets, report appetite and intake. Prepare food and drinks as required.
4. Maintain recommendations/procedure for food hygiene and food handling.
5. Having detailed understanding of fire hazards, siting of appliances routine to be followed in the event of fire and evacuation process.
6. Assisting with tidiness in clinical areas, removal of used items of equipment, correct disposal of waste, soiled linen.
7. Assist Nurse in Charge or nominated deputy in technical activities as required.
8. Preparing the personal space areas for patients/residents before admission/after discharge, cleaning the beds etc, and other items of equipment.
9. Replenishing patients/residents areas with towels, soap etc, and identifying the need to replenish clinical stocks where holding levels are required.
1. Listing patients/residents property on arrival or departure.
2. Noting, reporting and documenting damaged furnishings, condition of equipment, baths, showers or other appliances.
3. Assisting as necessary with written documentation associated with any respect patients/residents care – as supervised by Nurse in Charge.
1. Participate in flexible duty patterns that promote effective 24 hour care of patients/residents.
2. Flexibility in working within various departments in the home when required ie. Kitchen, laundry
3. Promote effective communication both within and outside the Home environment.
This job description may be altered subject to the needs of the service we are required to provide, and is not exhaustive list of duties.