Email your CV to email@example.com
Job Title: Cook
Accountable to: HOME MANAGER.
Shift: 40 hours/week
Job Summary: To provide a qualitative standard of catering that meets the needs of each service user within the budget available.
1. To be aware of and ensure implementation of all Health and Hygiene Regulations relating to the provision of a service of the highest standards
2. Effective menu planning that reflects a balanced diet, and incorporates the special needs of individuals where a specific type of diet is required e.g. diabetic, fat free.
3. To ensure the cleanliness of all catering/kitchen equipment and appliances is of a high standard as required by Environmental Health Regulations.
4. To ensure that the presentation of food is appetizing at all times, and the temperature is correct.
5. Formation of a catering policy with the Home Manager that provides a quality service at all times.
6. To implement a systematic process of ordering food/beverage supplies and addresses the ordering/purchase of these with minimum delay and in consultation with the home manager.
7. To attend in service training and educational sessions as required.
8. To ensure that the Fire, Health and Safety policies and procedures are known and implemented at all times both personally and by other catering/kitchen staff.
9. To plan duty rotas for kitchen and catering staff in consultation with the Home Manager in a timely way.
The above job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and may change due to the needs of services we provide.